Tower Hill Solar Farm
Contract Value: £700,000
Playfords Ltd recently completed an 8Mw Solar Farm installation in under 6 weeks on a site near Bristol.
This was a very challenging project not only due to the short deadline for completion but the conditions on site added to our difficulties as there was only a single site access for all vehicles, a field between two of the Solar Farm fields and extreme ground conditions making progress very slow.
We did, however, manage to install within the six week period: –
- 6no high voltage compact stations
- 4.5k kilometres of HV cabling
- 4k kilometres of fibre optic cabling providing communications on-site
- 118no 60kw inverters
- 118no Sub-combiner boxes
- 187 kilometres of solar string cabling connecting 1400 strings
- 5 kilometres of AC cabling
- 18 kilometres of DC main cabling
- Comprehensive earthing network which included 900 connections and 12kilometres of earthing cabling
- Comprehensive communication network linked to the weather station provided overall controls for the site and monitoring of the inverters and compact stations
The works were successfully completed and handed over before the required OFGEM connection dates.More projects like this